The Book deals with the considerable interplay between film and fiction through close textual analysis and discusses the interactions betwwen the cinematic experience and the fictional output of writers from Jamaica and Trinidad.
- The devlopment of cinema in Trinidad and Jamaica
- The Indian Film in Trinidad
- Auteur and author; a comparison of the works of Alfred Hitchcock and V.S Naipaul
- Women writers and Hollywood cinema
- The portrayal of women in fiction and film
- The Western film development, influence and themes
- Western films and Caribbean heroes
- The narrative function of the landscape.